Effective starting: Dec 3, 2022
Wolebase is concerned about the rights of individuals, particularly with regard to automated processing, and in order to be transparent with its customers, Wolebase has set up a policy covering all such processing, the purposes for which it is carried out and the means of action available to individuals so that they can best exercise their rights.
For more information on the protection of personal data, we invite you to consult the website: https://www.cnil.fr
1. Information collected
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject) ; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to a name, an identification number or to one or more specific elements specific to his physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
The personal information that may be collected on the site is mainly used by Wolebase to manage the relationship with you and, if applicable, to process your orders.
The information collected is as follows :
- - Account and profile information when you create or edit your profile or its settings, such as a username, email address or password. You may provide billing information in some cases when you sign up for services. We also store account preferences and settings.
- - Content you provide through our services : the Wolebase products you use, where we collect and store content you create, send, receive and share. This content includes any information about you that you may choose to include: feedback you provide directly to us through the services; and clickstream data about how you interact with and use the features of the services. The information collected may also include the type of browser you use, hardware model or operating system.
- - Information that you provide through our support channels, such as when you encounter a problem. You may be asked to provide your contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that you feel would be helpful in resolving the problem.
- - We also automatically collect certain information relating to your use of our application (required cookies).
2. Use of information collected
We use the information we collect about you to provide, maintain, and improve our services and other interactions we have with you. For example, we use the information collected to:
- - User access and use of the platform,
- - Managing the operation and optimization of the platform,
- - Implementation of user support,
- - Verification, identification and authentication of data transmitted by the user,
- - Management of possible disputes with users,
- - Sending commercial and advertising information, according to the user‘s preferences,
- - Responding to your comments and questions and providing customer service;
- - Detecting, investigating and preventing illegal activities and protecting our rights and property,
- - To comply with our legal and financial obligations;
3. Sharing information with third parties
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With service providers, contractors or agents who perform transactions or services on our behalf, such as payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, experiences, personalization.
- To comply with the law. We may share data to facilitate legal process based on legitimate requests from public authorities, including to respond to national security or law enforcement requests as permitted by law.
- When the user authorises a third party website to access their data.
4. Services used
The services used are the following:
- - Stripe account access,
- - Personal Data: Cookies, Usage Data
- - Google Fonts
- - Hotjar Heat Maps & Recording
- - Personal Data : email address
- - AWS Platform services and hosting
- - AWS cognito : Authentication service
- - Crips chat : chat service
- - Vercel analytic : analytic service
5. Data security
We implement commercially reasonable security measures to protect your information. However, despite our best efforts, no security measure is completely impenetrable.
6. Data retention
We retain the information we collect about you for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) for which we collected it or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory or compliance obligations.
To the extent reasonably necessary or required to satisfy legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also retain some of your information as necessary, even after you have closed your account or to provide our services to you.
7. California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and the processing of your personal information is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Protection Act (CCPA), you have certain rights with respect to that personal information. Under the CCPA, subject to certain exceptions, ‘personal information‘ is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably likely to be associated with, or could reasonably be expected to be associated with, directly or indirectly, a particular California resident or household.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we provide you with the following information:
- - The categories and specific elements of personal information we have collected about you.
- - The categories of sources from which we collect personal information.
- - The purposes for which we collect, use or sell personal information.
- - The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- - The categories of personal information disclosed about you for marketing purposes.
You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal information from the CCPA.
Finally, you have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Please note that we have the right to take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of your request.
8. Privacy Rights in the European Union
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area (EEA) and the United Kingdom, have certain statutory rights under the General Data Regulation (GDPR) with respect to their personal data.
Users have the following rights :
- - The right of access: they may exercise their right of access, in order to know the personal data concerning them, by writing to the e-mail address mentioned below. In this case, before implementing this right, the platform may request proof of the user‘s identity in order to verify its accuracy
- - The right of rectification: if the personal data held by the platform is inaccurate, they may request the update of the information
- - The right to deletion of data: users may request the deletion of their personal data, in accordance with applicable data protection laws,
- - The right to restrict processing: users may request the Platform to restrict the processing of personal data in accordance with the assumptions set out in the GDPR,
- - The right to object to the processing of data: users may object to their data being processed in accordance with the assumptions provided for by the GDPR
- - The right to portability: they can request that the platform gives them the personal data they have provided in order to transfer it to a new platform.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us by email at contact@Wolebase.com or, for certain actions (deletion of the entire account, change of email address or password), directly via the website.
All requests must be accompanied by a photocopy of a valid, signed identity document and state the address at which Wolebase may contact the applicant. A reply will be sent within one month of receipt of the application. This one month period may be extended by two months if the complexity of the application and/or the number of applications so requires.
Since the law n°2016-1321 of October 7th, 2016, people who so wish, have the possibility to organise the fate of their data after their death. For more information on the subject, you can consult the CNIL website: https://www.cnil.fr/
Users can also file a complaint with the CNIL on the CNIL website: https://www.cnil.fr/.
We recommend that you contact us first before filing a complaint with the CNIL, as we are entirely at your disposal to resolve your problem.
9. Commercial Offers
You may receive commercial offers from Wolebase. If you do not wish to receive such offers, please indicate this at the following address: contact@Wolebase.com.
If, when using the Wolebase services, you access personal data, you must refrain from any collection, unauthorised use and any act that may constitute an infringement of the privacy or reputation of individuals. Wolebase accepts no responsibility in this respect.
The data is stored and used for a period of time in accordance with the applicable legislation.
A ‘cookie‘ or tracer is an electronic file deposited on a terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) and read, for example, when consulting a website, reading an e-mail, installing or using a software or a mobile application, regardless of the type of terminal used (source: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/cookies-traceurs-que-dit-la-loi).
Wolebase may automatically collect standard information. Any information collected indirectly will only be used to track the volume, type and pattern of traffic using this site, to develop the design and layout of this site and for other administrative and planning purposes and generally to improve the service we offer you.
The lifetime of these cookies is 3 months.
You may opt out of receiving our marketing emails and/or newsletters by contacting us as set out in the ‘Contact Us‘ section below. We may still send you transactional messages, which include communications about the Services and answers to your questions.
13. Contact Us